Five Things to Know About Mold Damage in West Palm Beach
SERVPRO Technicians Look for Causes and Contributors to Mold Damage in Your Home
West Palm Beach is balmy and beautiful in warm weather. It is also humid and wet at times. Unfortunately, the tropical feeling conditions that visitors and residents alike love also give rise to humidity and where there is humidity there is the risk of fungal growth. Homeowners in West Palm Beach are aware of the problem of mold damage, and the difficulties of keeping mold away.
SERVPRO has much experience with mold damage in West Palm Beach. Our customers ask us many questions about mold, what it is, how it grows, and how best to prevent it from coming back. Here are five facts about mold damage that we would like to share with you.
1. Mold can grow almost anywhere if it has enough moisture and food. Moisture is key to fungal growth, so anywhere that is humid is a prime location for the spores to settle and grow. Mold also needs a food source – most organic materials work.
2. Mold is around us all the time. It is not a very pleasant thought, but in fact, invisible mold spores are present in almost all of nature. The spores settle anywhere that has good growing conditions and set to work growing a new colony.
3. There is no such thing as mold eradication. Customers often ask us if it is possible to eradicate mold. The answer is no; it is not feasible to remove fungus altogether because it is omnipresent. However, it is possible to discourage regrowth by removing water sources.
4. The visible part of the mold that you see with your naked eye is called the mycelium and is made up of many tiny thread-like cells called hyphae. The hyphae release spores which travel to other locations within your home and set up new colonies.
5. You can do a lot to discourage mold growth by keeping your home dry and well ventilated and fixing any leaks or damp patches as soon as you find them.
SERVPRO’s IICRC-certified technicians are on hand for mold remediation in your home. We use a combination of scrubbing, wiping, and HEPA vacuuming to remove visible fungus. We also have negative air machines and dehumidifiers on hand to remove contaminated air and lower humidity.
For mold remediation in Runyon, South Bay, Watson and surrounding areas, call SERVPRO of West Palm Beach at (561) 795-5410 for assistance.