What Can Cause Mold In Your West Palm Beach Home
What Mold Needs to Grow
Mold needs these conditions before it can begin to grow in a home:
- Mold spores
- A food source (eg wood, drywall, cotton)
- Darkness (mold can't grow under ultraviolet light)
- Warmth (mold can't grow in freezing temperatures)
- Moisture (eg water leaks, humidity)
- Enough time (most molds can begin to grow in 24-48 hours if the conditions are right)
Moisture is really the key cause of mold growth since the other conditions on the list are always going to be present in homes.
So, essentially, the difference between whether mold grows in your home or not comes down to whether you have a moisture problem. The pros of SERVPRO of West Palm Beach can help with any mold problem you may encounter, call us at (561)795-5410 for a list of our mold remediation and removal services.