Reopening Guidelines and Tips for West Palm Beach Businesses
This week certain establishments in Palm Beach County have been given the green light to begin reopening. As a part of what officials are calling Phase 1, there are multiple parameters in which businesses will need to abide by. Here are a few:
- Most restaurants and retail can only operate at 25% capacity.
- Employees and guests, based on the establishment, must wear masks.
- Social distancing guidelines must still be enacted including small groups of 8 or less, within 6 feet of one another.
- Sanitizing guest areas must occur before and after each guest.
With these rules as guidelines, develop and share a plan that promotes a healthy environment. Be sure that customers are aware of the precautions your business is taking as well. It is best to allow room for revisions in the plan as local authorities or day-to-day operations may call for some.
Consider these tips when developing a plan:
- Determine what needs to be cleaned vs. disinfected and how often. Sanitizing is one of the most important guidelines as it reassures employees, and customers, that an establishment is prioritizing cleanliness and safety.
- Equip your business with enough cleaning supplies and personal protection equipment as needed. Create an area specifically for supplies; this allows for easy access and visibility.
- When rearranging your business layout to maintain the 25% capacity and social distancing rule, consider accessibility. Be sure that any rearrangement of furniture or items does not impede the flow of business or put the safety of your staff and customers at risk.
- Post signs or reminders regarding social distancing and proper hygiene. This is for both employees and customers.
- Designate a specific day of the week or time in each day in which your business will close for thorough cleaning. Hiring a company like SERVPRO of West Palm Beach, will ensure that your business is thoroughly sanitized with medical grade disinfectant.
As a business owner, it is important to remember that many people may be grappling with the realities of current events and the idea of reintroducing themselves into public. By committing to proper guidelines, businesses are reassuring their employees and customers they are committed to the health and safety of all.