How To Keep Your Home Safe When Using Candles
Candles can add a touch of warmth and lovely scents to your home, but with these following safety tips you can be sure to use your candles with ease of mind each time. Take a look at a few tips we've gathered for you below, and avoid a fire disaster.
- Make sure to keep a burning candle within your sight. Turn off candles when you leave your home/room and before going to sleep. To make sure it's fully turned off check that the wick is completely black and not glowing.
- Avoid placing candles near flammable items. Items like paper, books, wood, furniture and other flammable decorations should be avoided.
- Make sure candles are out of reach from pets and children. Curious hands and paws may strike disaster at any given time if a candle is left within reach.
- Cut candlewicks down to 1/4 inches long before each candle use. Long candle wicks can burn unevenly and become a danger.
- Your candle holder should be specifically for candle use only. A heat resistant, large and strong candle holder will catch wax drops and melted wax from the candle.