How Fast Does Water Damage Effect A Home?
When dealing with water damage, time is not on your side unfortunately. The firs part of the destruction is not as bad as the second part which eventually takes place as time goes by and it causes severe damage to your beloved home. Below are the side effects of water damage when left untreated in a home.
Water damage in minutes time
• Contaminated water spreads quickly and increases the costs of claims.
• Furniture not intended to withstand moisture because of the finish, starts to turn a white color.
• Furniture that is on carpet will begin to stain the carpet and saturate it by leaking through the fabrics in carpet.
Water damage in hours time
• Furniture that is in direct contact with the water will start to swell and delaminate (peeling of laminate finish, and more)
• Regular household smells will be heightened by the humidity in the air and become overwhelming.
• Fabrics that have non-colorfast dyes will start to bleed.
Water damage in days time
• Musty odors and fungi will begin to appear.
• Wood floorings can become unsalvageable and warping of wood becomes extremely noticeable.
• Wallpaper begins to peel away and "paint blisters" appear.
• Structural wood pieces begin to split apart and warp.
Water damage in weeks time
• Mold starts to root into organic matters and ruins it's complete integrity.
• Occupants in the home have to be evacuated because of health hazards.
• Allergies may become.
• A complete gutting of the structure may be necessary, which will costs to go up in numbers.
Don't let your home or office become a victim of costly water damage repairs, call SERPVRO of West Palm Beach to help remove the water and mold before it becomes worst and make it "Like it never even happened." Call us at (561)795-5410